Wednesday Oct. 9 Volunteer Opportunity: Note New Afternoon Time
Grocery Bag Prep and Delivery – Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Warehouse
Two sessions 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. Each session can take 10 people. Morning session is full – thanks!
We will be doing Grocery Bag Prep, taking the food that the Shuttle has available, then making and delivering grocery bags to low-income seniors or families. The Shuttle will set us up in a production line with everything we need — produce, snacks and bags. Then they give us we maps and directions, so that, using our own vehicles, we can deliver the bags directly to the people who’ll be using them. The entire group goes to one location, and in most cases, delivers door-to-door. This usually takes about two hours — from start to finish.
Because they have a small warehouse, they have to limit the size of groups to around 10 people, and if children in the group are under 12, they require 1 adult supervisor for every 3 kids.
RSVP requested to Cheryl Vetter — and let her know which session you will attend. Please complete the waiver at this link and bring it with you on Wednesday.
Directions to warehouse at 1001 Blair Dr, Raleigh, NC 27603 (located just behind the State Farmer’s Market in Raleigh)
- Take I-40 to Exit 297, Lake Wheeler Road.
- Turn north toward downtown Raleigh (towards the Farmers Market).
- Turn LEFT on Centennial Drive; proceed past the Farmers Market for 0.9 miles.
- Turn RIGHT at the third traffic light onto Blair Drive.
- Proceed to top of rise to 1001 Blair Drive, second driveway on your right.